People always speak of the calm before a storm, as if the storm is inherently unwanted, naturally undesirable. However, I love a good storm. The flash of lights, the crack of thunder, at times I crave it.
Huh, why am I writing this again? This is supposed to be an update post. Hm. Maybe it’s just because it’s been peaceful lately. It’s not that I get bored of peace or like being under stress or anything (far from it), but… hm. Maybe I can feel a storm brewing and I’m just trying to rewire myself to appreciate it once it happens.
In any case, I suppose I’m procrastinating, aha.
Last Month’s Goals:
- (leftover) Finish writing every single scene of Crossing the Line so that it is at least a coherent enough narrative to get a second set of eyes on it (by the end of March)
- (leftover) Only spend money on food! Nothing else!
- At Danny’s request and encouragement, start a podcast
I don’t need to do a one-by-one update on those because, even though I only had three goals, last month was a COMPLETE FAILURE. I met precisely none of those goals, and I am ashamed… but to be fair, that last one wasn’t just my fault, I’m going to firmly place half that responsibility on Danny’s shoulders, aha.
- Write a short story.
- Do at least one form of exercise for at least one set daily.
- Reduce my red meat consumption to once a week.
- (leftover) Only spend money on food. You went to PAX East, for god’s sakes, you can’t spend any more money, you really can’t.
- (leftover) Finish writing every single scene of Crossing the Line so that it is at least a coherent enough narrative to get a second set of eyes on it.